1. To help students with their career decisions.
2. To raise students’ awareness of the variety of career options.
3. To assist students with a smooth transition from school to work or further study.
Facilities and Resources
The Careers Centre gives students access to career and course information through:
• tertiary course information – certificate, diploma and degree study
• careers library – brochures, directories, CD-ROMs
• careers questionnaires
• access to Careers Advisor
• careers and tertiary guest speakers
The Careers Services website is an excellent source of information covering career information (including useful school subjects), decision-making and career planning www.careers.govt.nz
There is a Drop-In service at lunchtime or students can make an appointment for one to one career guidance.
All students from Years 9 to 13 are involved in careers activities throughout the course of the year. These programmes aim to help students develop self-awareness, find out about opportunities and then put decisions into action.
The School App
If you haven't already, please download the Glenfield College School App for notices, events, and other important school messages.
You can use the App to notify us of your child's absence, contact a teacher, access the parental portal, and find links to maps and key websites.
Receive alert messages and notices instantly from your chosen groups, such as your child's sports team.
To download the app for free on your Apple or Android Device please click on the image below