1. To help students with their career decisions.
2. To raise students’ awareness of the variety of career options.
3. To assist students with a smooth transition from school to work or further study.
Facilities and Resources
The Careers Centre gives students access to career and course information through:
• tertiary course information – certificate, diploma and degree study
• careers library – brochures, directories, CD-ROMs
• careers questionnaires
• access to Careers Advisor
• careers and tertiary guest speakers
The Careers Services website is an excellent source of information covering career information (including useful school subjects), decision-making and career planning www.careers.govt.nz
There is a Drop-In service at lunchtime or students can make an appointment for one to one career guidance.
All students from Years 9 to 13 are involved in careers activities throughout the course of the year. These programmes aim to help students develop self-awareness, find out about opportunities and then put decisions into action.