The Glenfield College Dance Department encourages all students to achieve their very best in a range of genres, techniques and the requirements of the National Dance Curriculum. We simultaneously aim to help all students develop a passion for dance so that they may develop as dancers, choreographers and performing artists. The Dance Department provides highly qualified and experienced instruction in the theoretical, technical and practical aspects of a wide range of dance styles.
“Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are great because of their passion” – Martha Graham
About the Department
· We have a studio space with full-length mirrors, barre, Tarkett floors and sound equipment.
· We have access to the Kaipatiki Theatre for assessment and performance work.
· We have a range of reference texts, music and recorded dance works that students can access during their course of study.
- Year 9: Hip Hop, Jazz, Bollywood, Maori Inspired Dance*
- Year 10: Contemporary, Hip Hop, Disco, Tap, Circus Inspired Dance*, Sasa
- Year 11: Contemporary, Hip Hop, Jazz, Contact*, Story Telling*
- Year 12 + Year 13: Lyrical, Broadway Jazz, Contemporary Ballet, Modern, Site Specific*, Ballroom.
*= Student choreography
If you haven't already, please download the Glenfield College School App for notices, events, and other important school messages.
You can use the App to notify us of your child's absence, contact a teacher, access the parental portal, and find links to maps and key websites.
Receive alert messages and notices instantly from your chosen groups, such as your child's sports team.
To download the app for free on your Apple or Android Device please click on the image below