The Glenfield College Textile Department aims to provide practical and theory skills for the textile industry. We follow the technology approach to solving a given issue.
· Develop knowledge and understanding of workplace safety.
· Develop skills in the correct use of sewing machines and equipment.
· Follow the design process and create a textile solution to solve a given issue.
· Develop skills and attitudes that enhance interaction and relationships with others i.e. working as a team, sharing equipment
· Develop creativity skills that can be applied to project work.
The textile room has 19 Bernina machines, ranging from basic sewing machines through to a computerised sewing machine and a specialised embroidery machine. We also have four overlockers and all the other small pieces of equipment that are required; when working with textiles to produce garments that are both creative and of a high standard.
Ms Gill Ferguson
Head of Technology
Email: [email protected]
The School App
If you haven't already, please download the Glenfield College School App for notices, events, and other important school messages.
You can use the App to notify us of your child's absence, contact a teacher, access the parental portal, and find links to maps and key websites.
Receive alert messages and notices instantly from your chosen groups, such as your child's sports team.
To download the app for free on your Apple or Android Device please click on the image below