The International Languages Department aims to equip students with the skills to communicate in a second language, learn about languages, and view the world from different perspectives.
· Develop communicative skills in French in both written and oral language.
· Develop cultural awareness and understanding.
· Develop language awareness and appropriate usage.
Benefits of Studying another Language
· Learning a second language benefits all students, intellectually, socially, and culturally.
· Learning a second language gives students a better understanding of their mother tongue.
· Learning a second language gives students the skills to learn further languages.
· Exploring language helps students to gain skills and confidence and encourages them to take learning risks.
· Language and culture are inseparable.
· Learning a new language enables students to take their place in a multicultural community and a multilingual world.
Facilities and Resources
· Data presentations form a regular part of teaching.
· The French language assistant is regularly involved in oral classes.
· Language classes make use of ICT facilities, audio and visual recordings.
Opportunities Available to Students
Students have the opportunity to experience French foods in class (petit déjeuner français / escargots / dégustation de fromages / crêpes sucrés).
Head of International Languages/TIC of French
Email: [email protected]
If you haven't already, please download the Glenfield College School App for notices, events, and other important school messages.
You can use the App to notify us of your child's absence, contact a teacher, access the parental portal, and find links to maps and key websites.
Receive alert messages and notices instantly from your chosen groups, such as your child's sports team.
To download the app for free on your Apple or Android Device please click on the image below